Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6, Gen5
One tiny device packed full of intelligence.
A smart home is only truly smart when it's intelligent. A smart home has to offer more than a schedule; it has to react to what's occurring in a home in real-time. MultiSensor 6 is the foundation of a modern smart home; within its perfectly small exterior lies all the technology for real-time intelligence.
6 sensors. 6 times the smarts.
- Motion sensor – Motion for security. Motion for presence. Motion for management. MultiSensor 6's motion sensor is perfect for more than just an intelligent security system. With a 5 metre range and a 120-degree field of view, MultiSensor 6 captures motion data that can be used for everything from security to heating management to energy saving. Knowing if a room is occupied or a hall is being used is a powerful piece of data – MultiSensor 6 makes your home automation system more powerful and more intelligent.
- Temperature sensor – From motorised curtains and windows to fans and thermostats, there are a lot of ways that you can use Z-Wave to keep the temperature of a room absolutely perfect. MultiSensor 6 provides the intelligence to do just that. Within each sensor is an incremental temperature sensor capable of accurately measuring between -40 to 125°C (-40 to 257°F) and reporting temperature changes back to a smart home gateway.
- Light sensor – Automated lighting is only as smart as the system that powers it. With MultiSensor 6's real-time, digital light sensor measuring the level of light in a room, your home control system will be able to intelligently maintain its ambiance. From opening and closing curtains, to setting lights to be the perfect level be it day or night, MultiSensor 6 is the smarts behind smart lighting.
- Humidity sensor – Spaces such as bathrooms and kitchens can be too humid, while some environments are often not humid enough. MultiSensor 6 offers incremental monitoring of a humidity ranging from 0% to 100%, allowing for the intelligent automation of fans, motorised windows, dehumidifiers and humidifiers. MultiSensor 6 monitors your home on such an infinitesimal level so that your home management system can make your environment truly perfect.
- Vibration sensor – It measures the environment it's in, and it also measures itself. MultiSensor 6 contains a seismic sensor capable of detecting and reporting event-based vibrations. Those slight changes can be used to protect MultiSensor 6 – it'll know if an intruder is tampering with it or if the sensor has accidentally moved from its place of installation. They'll also be able to record subtle seismic activity within your home.
- UV sensor – Perfectly managing an environment means understanding it perfectly. MultiSensor 6 accurately measures ultraviolet light; the kind of light that causes everything from furniture bleaching to eye damage. Measured inline with the World Health Organisation's UV Index, MultiSensor 6 measures a room's UV level so that an environment can be managed through curtains, shades and lighting, and so that health and property recommendations can be made.
Smart sensor. Smart accessories.
The perfect sensor comes with the perfect accessories. MultiSensor 6 ships with 3 different accessories, each designed to make the installation of the sensor perfect for your home.
- Mounting arm – Discrete and for corner installations, the mounting arm allows you to rotate MultiSensor 6 up to 360° and refine its field of view by up to 50°.
- USB cable – After 2 years you won't have to change batteries if you power MultiSensor 6 via mains power using the provided 1.5 metre USB cable.
- Tape – Weighing only 74 grams, MultiSensor 6 can be easily installed with just the provided double sided tape from 3m.
- Recessor (sold separately) – Install MultiSensor 6 in a ceiling or wall cavity with recessor and just 12 mm will extrude. Features magnetic clasps for simple removal of the sensor.
In The Box:
- MultiSensor 6
- Mounting arm
- USB cable
- Double-sided tape
- 2 x Screws
- Part Number: ZW100-A
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 series
- Frequency: 908.42 MHz (U.S.)
- Wireless Range: 492 feet (150 m)
- Motion Detection Range: Up to 16.4 feet (5 m) within 120° field of view
- Temperature Measurement Range: -40° to 40°C
- Humidity Measurement Range: 0% to 100%
- Light Measurement Range: 0 lux to 1,000 lux
- Accuracy: ±0.2 percent
- Security: AES 128 bit communication encryption
- Power Supply: USB DC 5V or battery power (2 x CR123A batteries, 3V, 1500mAh); Batteries not included.
- Battery Life: 2 years
- Weather Rating: IP20, Use outdoors by disabling motion sensor and using the 5 other sensors
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 80 degrees C
- Operating Humidity: 20 to 80 percent; Accuracy: ±5 percent RH (at 25 degrees C)
- Dimensions: 1.65 x 1.65 inches (42 x 42mm)
- Weight: 2.61 ounces (74g)
- Certifications: Z-Wave Plus, FCC, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year