American Pacific Gas Water Heater Controller Model 3
Every time your gas water heater fires throughout the day and night, it's costing you money and aging your appliance. Save on your energy bill and extend the life of your water heater with the programmable Gas Water Heater Timer.
- Model 3 for Honeywell gas control valve
- Fits Honeywell knob that turns OFF in counterclockwise direction
- Reduces your gas bill by up to 30 percent
- Extends the life of your gas water heater
- Installs easily in just a few minutes
- Integrates with home automation apps and devices
- Choose type for Natural Gas or Propane
Select Your Model
Your gas water heater will have one of three possible valve models, as shown in the image to the right. Please choose the controller that matches your valve model. Valve Type 1 works with the Model 1 controller, and so on.
How Does the Gas Water Heater Timer Work?
The Gas Water Heater Timer installs easily in place of your existing water heater gas control knob. Once installed, it acts as a programmable setback controller.
This enables you to program your water heater gas control valve to prevent the main burner from firing for periods of time when demand is low, and raise the temperature setting for periods of time when hot water demand is high.
- Makes sure you have hot water ready when you need it.
- Keeps your water heater from firing when not in use.
Convenient Home Automation
You can easily control the Gas Water Heater Timer from anywhere with home automation, wireless apps and Wi-Fi.
The Gas Water Heater Timer comes fully-assembled and can be installed in as little as 10 minutes by an average home owner. No tools are required!
Installing the Gas Water Heater Timer is as easy as removing your gas control valve knob and attaching the device.
NOTE: Does not include timer. The color of your valve doesn't matter! Red, black and white all work the same. Does not work with a Power Vented Water Heater. The gas valve looks similar, but is not compatible with our timer. If you have a power vented water heater, you can use an appliance timer purchased online or from your local hardware store. You can also control your power vented water heater with any Wi-Fi or Z-Wave appliance module.
- Part Number:
- Natural Gas: APGWHC3-Natural
- Propane: APGWHC3-Propane
- Power: 110VAC
- Approvals: UL, Sierra Club GreenHome, GreenPeople
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited