Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line Encrypted Mini Door/Window Sensor
The IQ Mini-S is an ultra compact encrypted sensor that securely connects to the IQ Panel 2. Using our proprietary S-Line encryption technology, encrypts signals sent to the IQ Panel while still providing backwards compatibility for legacy 319.5 systems. Easy to install on anything that opens or closes, the IQ Mini-S can provide intelligent notifications like "door left open" can be custom named, and can even support Smart home rules like "when door opens, turn on light" or "when door left open adjust thermostat to save energy." Boasting up to eight years of battery life, The IQ Mini-S uses an innovative board and antenna design to extend range and allow mounting on a variety of surfaces. The IQ Mini-S also includes a rare earth magnet for flexible mounting options in a variety of situations.
- Encrypted S-Line sensor technology protects signals sent to the IQ Panel while still providing support for legacy 319.5 systems
- Can be easily mounted on doors or windows with included adhesive
- Alerts IQ Panel if moved more than 1 inch
- Can be programmed as "Safety Sensor" for medicine cabinets, chemical storage, safes or storage closets
- Using Alarm.com you can get a text if your door or window is left open
- Create automation rules like "turn on light when door is opened" or "adjust thermostat if window left open"
- Requires two (2) 3V CR2032 Batteries (included)
- The built-in tamper switch triggers an alert if the cover is removed
- Create custom names for each sensor, determine unique chime type, choose voice prompts on or off
WHAT IS S-LINE? (S-Line stands for "Secure-Line")
S-Line Sensors utilize an advanced encryption scheme between the sensor and the IQ Panel 2 to ensure that sensor event transmissions are always unique, preventing and eliminating common replay attacks*. At time of pairing, S-Line technology passes a unique key which enables the encryption algorithm for unique event transmissions.
- Encryption technology exclusive to IQ Panel 2
- Communicates using a unique key-enabled encryption algorithm
- Prevent replay attacks*
- Backwards compatible with legacy 319.5 systems, such as GE/Interlogix (Though S-Line sensors would work like normal non-encrypted sensors)
*A replay attack is when an individual uses an easy to purchase software defined radio or "Listening device" to replay events that were previously sent by devices paired with a security system. Since legacy security radio frequency protocols do not have any encryption they transmit the exact same event information every time. When the system receives the false, replayed event, it takes this as a true event. This is a large and serious security limitation that allows those with access and knowledge of this technology to create false events including KeyFob Disarm, Door Open, Window Open, Motion detected, and more. Utilizing S-Line sensors can prevent the risk of such attacks when using the IQ Panel 2.
In The Box:
NOTE: Connects to required control panel/receiver operating on wireless 319.5 MHz frequency. Compatible wireless options include: GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.), Qolsys IQ Panel, Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix, Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters, or other legacy 319.5 MHz system (not included).
Compatible 319.5 MHz Wireless Panels/Receivers*
- GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.)
- Qolsys IQ Panel (Version 1 or 2)
- Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix (part 42A00-2)
- Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters (part ELK-M1XRFEG)
*Panels and receivers are sold separately.
- Part Number:
- Brown: QS1136-840
- White: QS1135-840
- Gap: up to 3/4 inch
- Battery: 3V Lithium (x2) included; Replace with exact replacement every 5 years.
- Transmitter Frequency: 319.5 MHz
- Wireless Signal Range: 600 feet (200 m), open air.
- Code Outputs: tamper, tamper restore, alarm, alarm restore, low battery. Unique code ID.
- Supervisory Keep-Alive Interval: 70 minutes
- RF Peak Field Strength: typical 36000 uV/m at 3m
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 122°C (-10° to 50°C)
- Relative Humidity: 5 to 95 percent, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 176°F (-40° to 80°C)
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.25(H) x 1.0(W) x 0.5(D) inches
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited