Zipato Zipabox Serial Expansion Module
Adds USB for 3G data connection backup and RS232/485 to ZipaBox.
The Zipato Serial Module enables the Zipabox to easily interconnect with an existing security alarm system, such as DSC or PARADOX, or any other system with an RS232 or RS485 communication interface (e.g. air conditioners). It also includes a USB port for connecting a 3G USB stick, not included, for a backup internet connection, so your Zipabox never loses its connection with the cloud. It comes with an additional slot that enables further expansion of your Zipabox controller with additional modules.
Serial Module is used for paring of Zipabox with the wired panels and USB devices.
- Adds USB port for 3G data backup
- Adds RS-232/RS-485 port for connecting additional appliances
- 3G connectivity to Zipabox*
- serial/UART port, user selectable between RS-232 mode and half-duplex RS-485 mode
* With optional USB 3G stick
Where Should I Put It? Serial module is attached to Zipabox
How Many Do I Need? You need only 1 Serial module.
What Else Should I Know? Serial module must always be installed in expansion slot 2 of Zipabox. If you have other module already connected onto slot 2, you can connect Serial module on it. Other modules can be attached to Serial module.
Fully compatible with Zipabox.
- Part Number: ZBMSERIALV1
- Communication Frequency: 433 MHz
- Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet (30m) indoors, 200 feet (70m) line of sight
- Power Supply: Receives power from Zipabox
- Mounting: Snaps into expansion slot of Zipabox
- Dimensions: 29 x 87 x 46 mm (without antenna)
- Weight: 62g (with antenna)
- Color: White
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
- Storage: -25 to 70 degrees C (-13 to 158 degrees F)
- Humidity: 5 to 95 percent non-condensing
- Regulatory Compliance (pending)
- Safety: UL
- EMC: FCC, CE
- Warranty: 1 Year