Aeotec Z-Wave Z-Stick, Gen5
Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 is a self-powered Z-Wave USB adapter with remote network creation capabilities (independent from external power and host microprocessor). The device is meant primarily to allow a host processor to control up to 232 Z-Wave devices using the Z-Wave technology protocol.
By being able to remotely include/remove Z-Wave devices, this greatly simplifies Z-Wave network installation. When connected to a host controller (via USB), it enables the host controller to take part in the Z-Wave Network.
The Z-Stick Gen5 is also device firmware upgradeable by the end consumer. This enables the product to always have the latest Z-Wave protocol, capabilities and commands.
By taking advantage of the Z-Wave mesh network, commands can be routed to their destination via intermediary "listening" Z-Wave products. Products that are Z-Wave certified can be used and communicate with other Z-Wave certified devices.
NOTE: The Z-Stick Gen5 now uses UZB drivers instead of Silabs UART to USB. There is no need to install the UZB drivers in OSX and Linux as these OS already have drivers that will allow the use of the Z-Stick Gen5 without the UZB drivers.
- Part Number: ZW090
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 series
- Frequency: 908.42MHz
- Power Supply: USB DC 4.75V to 5.25V or built-in rechargeable lithium battery 3.7V, 100mAh
- Max. Standby Current: 30uA
- Max. Operating Current: 98mA in PA mode or 40mA in normal mode
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50 degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 70 degrees C
- Operating Distance: Up to 500 feet (150 meters) outdoors in normal mode or 300 feet (100 meters) outdoors in PA mode
- Certifications: Z-Wave Plus, FCC, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year