WaterCop Flood Prevention Kit (1/2" Pipe)
WaterCop Emergency Water Shut-Off Systems help to effectively reduce the chance of catastrophic water damage caused by common plumbing and appliance problems. This can greatly reduce home insurance risk through proactive loss mitigation.
WaterCop Systems can be configured from the following components:
- First, a WaterCop Electric Actuator Motor and valve.
- Next add flood sensors to monitor leak-prone areas of your home and temperature sensors to monitor areas that are susceptible to freezing.
- Finally add the optional WaterCop Water Control Switch and cabling to create a smarter home that costs less to insure.
Electric Actuator Motor (WCACT1)
The WCACT1 is an industrial quality, electrically automated, "Direct Mount" actuator. It installs on the incoming main water supply line within a home. The WCACT1 has an integrated 418MHz radio frequency receiver chipset with user adjustable digital security codes, which allows nearby systems to operate independently. This unit features Auxiliary low voltage contacts with modular RJ-45 interface socket for simplified connection to optional WaterCop accessories - or integrate with a third-party home security or home automation system using standard Cat-5 computer cabling.
- Soft touch on/off valve controls for manual operation.
- Color-coded LED valve position indicator lights.
- 20-foot power cord with transformer for a standard outlet.
- 12 VDC power required. UL listed.
Lead Free Water Shut-Off Valve for 1/2" Pipe (WCVLF 1/2)
Ball Valve for WaterCop Systems. Now Lead Free!
Homeowners can benefit from the protection and peace of mind that the WaterCop system provides.
Property damage caused by aging and faulty plumbing is one of the most common home insurance claims. Annually more than 2,500,000 homeowners fall victim and the damages total billions of dollars in preventable losses. Valuables such as artwork, antiques, computers and electronic data, photographs, and other heirlooms are often difficult or impossible to fully replace.
Insurance helps ease the pain of repairs but will not fully replace your valuable property or alleviate the hassle, anguish, and disruption associated with a devastating interior flood loss.
The WaterCop automatic shutoff valve installs on the main water line near the existing manual shut-off valve. WaterCop flood sensors install near water using appliances and in rooms where running water is present. When leaking water comes in contact with any of the sensors, a wireless signal is immediately broadcast to the WaterCop main valve causing the valve to close. Water flow is quickly cutoff to all areas of the home and any continuous flooding is stopped.
All WaterCop brass valves comply with published NSF61 standards which restrict lead and other metal contaminants to safe levels for drinking water systems; the lead-free valves are approved for sale in all U.S. States, and comply with California AB1953 and Vermont S.152 laws.
Single Probe Wireless Flood Sensors (WCDFS1)
Newly redesigned WaterCop Classic flood sensors are placed in areas that are susceptible to leaks such as water heaters, washing machines, ice makers/refrigerators, sinks and toilets. When water contacts the sensor, a wireless signal is sent to the WaterCop Classic shut-off valve installed on the main water supply to close and stop the flow of water to the leak point.
- Battery or AC (optional) powered.
- Transmits wireless signal to valve when moisture is detected.
- Unlimited number can be used, placed anywhere.
WaterCop Classic sensors communicate only with the WaterCop Classic shut-off valve. Sensors require two (2) 'AA' batteries or optional WPA power adapter to operate. To increase wireless range, order WPR repeater.
Each WaterCop system can support an unlimited number of flood sensors. A sensor consists of a transmitter (a rectangular box with an antenna) and a sensor probe (a small disc at the end of the wire, with two short gold prongs protruding from one side).
The transmitter in the flood sensors and the receiver in the WaterCop communicate by radio frequency. The smaller the distance between them, the stronger the signal will be. The maximum transmission distance will be in the 150- to 200-foot range. The sensor may be secured with adhesive tape.
In The Box:
- 1 x WaterCop Electric Actuator Motor (WCACT1)
- 1 x WaterCop Lead Free Water Shut-Off Valve for 1/2" Pipe (WCVLF 1/2)
- 2 x WaterCop Single Probe Wireless Flood Sensors (WCDFS1)
- 1 x 20-foot power cord with transformer
NOTE: Does not include batteries or power supply for sensors.
- Part Number: WCKIT1
- Warranty: 2 Years
Electric Actuator Motor (WCDACT)
- Frequency: 418 MHz
- Wireless Range: approx. 100 to 200 feet
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate
- Voltage: 12VDC, 60 Hz
- Power Cord: 20-foot power cord with 2-prong transformer for a standard outlet.
- Approvals: FCC, UL
Water Shut-Off Valve for 1/2" Pipe, Lead Free (WCVLF 1/2)
- Max. Working Pressure: 125 PSIG
- GPM Flow @ 1 PSI pressure drop*:
- 1/2" NPT: 19 GPM
- 3/4" NPT: 34 GPM
- 1" NPT: 52 GPM
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F
- Valve: Full-Port, Brass, NPT
- Valve Seals: RTFE
- Approvals: NSF 61 rated valve; Complies with Uniform Plumbing Code.
*For cold water applications.
Single-Probe Wireless Flood Sensor (WCDFS1)
- Color: White
- Number of Probes: 1
- Battery: Two (2) AA alkaline batteries (not supplied)
- Battery Life: Approx. 1 year
- Wireless Frequency: 418 MHz
- Wireless Range: 150 to 200 feet
- Sensor Cord: 6 feet